M. Sc. Jan Michel Rotter
- Sensor Data Fusion
- Environment Modelling
- Radar for Mobile Service Robots
- Deep Learning for Mobile Service Robots
- Automated Driving in Industrial Environments (until 2019)
- Seminar on social aspects of computer science (SS19, SS20)
- Hardware Lab (since WS19/20)
- Industrial Control Systems and Real Time Systems (since SS21)
Student Theses, Projects and Jobs (open)
Topics for Bachelor and Master Theses:
I have no open topics at the moment. Please come back later or ask my colleges if they have something for you.
All projects require excellent programming skills in several languages, especially C++ and Python and you should also be experienced in the field of computer vision and in working with the OpenCV library. Furthermore, the robotic middleware ROS is going to be used. Knowledge of this framework is desirable but not mandatory. An affinity to hardware and robots should be present since mostly you will be working not only with software but with the actual robots.
Please write me an EMail to make an appointment if you want to know more about a certain topic.
- Supervision of the HardwareLab (Laborbetreuung)
Requirements: You have either attended the HardwareLab (CS/TCS) or some basic electronic lab and you are familiar with the basics of electronic protection, digital circuits and transmission technology (ET)
If you are interested in a job please write me an EMail with your complete application documents (CV, grades, certificates).
Student Theses (runnnig)
- Implementation of an extrinsic calibration between radar and laser scanner (BA/MA)
- Analysis of bimodal feature points in radar and laser data (BA/MA)
- Hyperspectral material classification for mobile robots (BA)
- Extension of a web-based robot control interface for control and monitoring (BA)
- Evaluation of machine learning-based feature descriptors for LiDAR and Radar (MA)
Student Theses (finished)
- Implementierung einer intelligenten Hindernisvermeidung für das automatisierte Fahren im industriellen Umfeld (2019)
- Lokalisierung und Kartierung für das automatisierte Fahren im industriellen Umfeld (2019)
- Deep learning-based visual gesture recognition for human-robot interaction (2020)
- Erstellung einer Demonstration der Roboterplattform "Husky" (2020)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact Person for the Husky robot platform
- Contact Person for the Zukunftsmobil for RTS/ZDT members
- Contact Person for the RobotLab (room 1005)
- Substitute for 3D printing